Independence Day is quickly approaching and it’s time to start planning your celebration! You want to have a party that is as effortless as it is entertaining…and here’s how!
All that is needed for a fantastic 4th are three key ingredients:
The best way to ensure that your Independence Day party is a success is to plan out the details ahead of time so stress is minimized and you can enjoy the festivities along with your guests. Assign jobs to other people and they will be happy to help out so that you can enjoy the day as much as the rest of your family will!
Write down your thoughts, ideas and items to purchase. Some people create a timeline and write down what needs to be done when. Others make a master list of all items to be purchased.
It doesn’t take much to transform your backyard into a patriotic party zone, but the key is to do as much as you can in advance. Here are some steps to prepare the backyard for your party:
• Set up the yard with extra tables, chairs and even a tent to shade guests from the sun or rain.
• Plan the menu and make a shopping list of what you will need.
• Inspect the grill to make sure it works, check the propane tank! Need an extra grill for a larger party we have plenty for rent.
• Set up any 4th of July decorations you want, such as tiki torches, twinkle lights, American flags and patriotic streamers.
Whether you choose well-organized games and contests or simply let folks relax, having a few activities around can help keep the party flowing.
Here are a few ideas:
• Patriotic games such as American history trivia, famous Americans charades or state word scramble.
• With adult supervision, have some fireworks fun with sparklers, firecrackers and fountains.
It doesn’t have to be a lot of work to throw a 4th of July party. Staying organized can keep stress levels under control and result in a party that even Uncle Sam would be proud to attend.